What is Chicken Battery Cage System?
The chicken battery cage system is a modified poultry cage designed for laying hens. From the statistics, it has been proved that 60% of commercially produced eggs are mainly from battery cages. Therefore, the use of battery cages is a sensible and cost-effective chicken business
Here are the chicken battery cages we offer. No matter the size and weight of your chickens, you can easily find the perfect battery cage you need from here.
Chicken battery cage system is commonly 2 to 4 layers, the upper cage and the lower cage completely staggered, so the bottom of the cage doesn’t need manure plate, and each layer can get more light and ventilation.Request for a Quote
Poultry Battery Cage – Best Rearing System
Considering the following points, you can decide whether battery cage system will be best fit for your poultry business or not-
Due to the chicken battery cage system, the commercial egg production of the chicken farm is much higher because the movement of the laying hen is limited. As a result, hens are restricted from absorbing more food material, which becomes a more frequent egg production. This is in contrast to what is obtained from floor feeding or other open space breeding.
Reduction of feed Wastage
With chicken battery cage system, feed waste is reduced to a minimum as there will be no direct contact with the feeder case. Also, for no direct contact with the egg carrier, egg loss due to breaking by hens is also reduced to zero level.
Stock Taking of Chicken Farm
Stock taking and counting is much easier in battery cage system that other poultry orientations available. Even if there are ten thousand chickens in a poultry with battery cages, the owner can easily count his birds which will be much more difficult in deep littering systems where the birds are constantly moving frequently.
Feed waste and chicken manure removal is much easier with battery cages. In deep litter system, you have to remove the layer of full shavings. In case of battery cages, you need to remove only the layer of shaving from the lower part.
Poultry Battery Cages Features:
- Strong and durable – high strength welded mesh with solid solder joint;
- Corrosion protection – electro or hot dipped galvanized optional;
- Long service life – up to 10 to 30 years lifetime;
- Increased density of bottom fabric – prevent the chicken feet from malformation or tiredness;
- Unique cage door design – up and down sliding door, or left and right sliding door;
- Easy to assemble and use – no need professional technicians;
- Excellent natural ventilation environment – more fresh air on all tier;
- Land & Space Saving – Centralized management, saving the land resource;
- No chicken manure on eggs – keep the eggs from dirt;
- Eggs won’t be broken or fall out – improving egg production of battery hens
- Reduce the waste of feed – saving your expenses.
We can offer 5 different sizes of battery cages:
- 3 tiers – 5 doors (nest),
- 3 tiers – 5 doors,
- 3 tiers – 4 doors,
- 4 tiers – 4 doors,
- 4 tiers – 5 doors
- and 5 tiers – 5 doors, for chicken farm.
Item 3 tiers 4 doors 3 tiers 5 doors 4 tiers 4 doors 4 tiers 5 doors 5 tiers 5 doors Number R1 R2 R3 R4 R5 Capacity /Set 96 birds 120 birds 128 birds 160 birds 200 birds Capacity /door or nest 4 birds 4 birds 4 birds 4 birds 4 birds Cage Size (L x W x H) 1.88m x 2.1m x 1.5m 1.95m x 2.1m x 1.5m 1.88m x 2.4m x 1.95m 1.95m x 2.4m x 1.95m 1.95m x 2.8m x 2.5m Material 1. Q195 mild steel wire; 2. or Q235 steel wire The Finish 1. Electro Galvanized; 2. or Hot Dipped Galvanized; 3. or PVC Coated. Bottom wire mesh angle 9° Lifespan Electro Galvanization (7-10 years) Hot Dip Galvanization (15-20 years) PVC Coated (15-20 years) Package Full container loading:cage and cage frame are no package, Some fittings are in plastic bags and carton box Less container loading: packed in wooden box and pallet
- LCL (Less than Container Load): First packed with plastic film then on the pallets;
- FCL (Full Container Load): Nude packing;
- Other special package according to customers’ requirements.
Type 20 ft container 40 ft high container R1 130 SETS 280 SETS R2 130 SETS 280 SETS R3 100 SETS 210 SETS R4
80 SETS 160 SETS
We can also provide free chicken cage layout design.